Crazy network software!

• Thread starter 03bigMark03
  • Start date

03bigMark03

Hi guys,

After sorting out my new home network I’m looking to add some functionality to it. Ok I no my second pc is old and that it has Windows 95 so I can’t expect the best of things.

Well I can play FinalDoom95 and also use RealVNC (read networking issues thread) so I’m hoping to add more functionality to the network. These are some of the ideas that are begging to come into my head.

Interested areas in networking:

· Chat software, very functional stuff though must be Windows 95.
· Some kind of proxy server software just to mess about with to get an idea of Internet gateway’s etc (again 95 machine).
· Network monitoring software, Windows XP and Windows 95.
· Running SETI@Home guide but through network/dedicated [old] computer.
· Any other research software that’s interesting.
· Mail transfer software (windows 95)
· Intranet on IIS (normal PC) guide, apache web server is installed for hosting sites.
· Some kind of good firewall protection to mess about with
· Any good classic networking games that run on old machines (i.e., arcade games)

And any other crazy software that you know of. I would like to mess about with this software because I would like to learn the “simple” routes of networking.

All recommendations are welcome.

Your website isnt working...

Parse error: parse error in /home/potton-d/public_html/mark/internetstuff/themes/Pixame_Style/theme.php on line 66

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/potton-d/public_html/mark/internetstuff/header.php on line 177

Thought you'd like to know.

:)

Heh,

Private message me for that sort of information. The site is down due to some code errors, now stick to this thread topic!

Bloody hell mate....wont bother next time!

:huh:

Originally posted by Teddy
Your website isnt working...

Parse error: parse error in /home/potton-d/public_html/mark/internetstuff/themes/Pixame_Style/theme.php on line 66

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/potton-d/public_html/mark/internetstuff/header.php on line 177

Thought you'd like to know.

:)

hope i didn't do that:confused:

found a few sites but not sure if it's what ya want:confused:
Link

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back