crashing again!

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
im getting really sick of my computer.

folders are crashing for no reason, i could be browsing through my documents or whatever and the folder will just stop, crash not let me do anytthing, then i have to end explorer. i have used ontrack fix it utilities ran all the tests but its just not fixced i really dont wonna format again, any help appreciated

Originally posted by forcer
im getting really sick of my computer.

folders are crashing for no reason, i could be browsing through my documents or whatever and the folder will just stop, crash not let me do anytthing, then i have to end explorer. i have used ontrack fix it utilities ran all the tests but its just not fixced i really dont wonna format again, any help appreciated

More info please. What OS are you on? Are you getting any errors? Does it just happen in Explorer windows. Does your compuer freeze? How long has this been happening?

sounds as if its waiting for something to finish or start

i'm on windows XP Sp1a

getting no errors. but different things do happen.

1. when i go into a folder it just shows empty i can click back and go forward and the content will show as normal.

2. that window will crash only that 1, not showing content all over open windows work as normal.

3. other times the full explorer crashes.

4. other times the content shows but does not let me do anything like click or scroll or press button.

yes it happens in explorer windows my documents, program files, a personal folder i have and shizz like tha.

my computer does not freeze i can simply press ctrl alt del bring up the processes and end explorer then start it again.

been happening about a week roughly not too sure

anything to do with ontrack utilities you got installed maybe protected files or crash guarding

some other info i thought i'd add.

when on internet explorer and i click a link that opens a new window it usually crashes same way as a window.

sometimes if a window is open and i click the X it doesnt remove itself from the task bar even tho its closed.

Why not try a system restore back to before it started happening?

i dont really want to do that ive done quite alot over the past few weeks and i cant really remember when it started just a few days ago. anyway during this message and my last internet explorer crashed twice and just about every folder i accessed went down, if its not fixed by the end of tonight a format must be in order. :':)'(

SYSTEM RESTORE IS CRAP IT NEVER WORKS EITHER
GET AD AWARE OR RUN IT IF YOUVE GOT IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS CRASHING EITHER FROM BAD CODING OR A CONFLICT TRY THAT FIRST

ALSO HAVE YOU GOT ANY P2P PROGRAMS INSTALLED OR FREE APPS

Originally posted by XP Abuser
SYSTEM RESTORE IS CRAP IT NEVER WORKS EITHER

I have to disagree, although sometimes it doesn't work. I have fixed a lot of people with this feature. It is also fully reversable in case it doesn't have the desired effect. It sure is a lot easier than a format an reinstall of the OS. What's the harm in trying it?

Originally posted by Clean_Rich
I have to disagree, although sometimes it doesn't work. I have fixed a lot of people with this feature. It is also fully reversable in case it doesn't have the desired effect. It sure is a lot easier than a format an reinstall of the OS. What's the harm in trying it?

agreed ;)
i love this feature as it had help me alot...

Originally posted by Clean_Rich

well i havent got system restore to work since ME (Macaroni Edition) so i aint gonna start relying on it now... BTW are you jesus or summin how the **** you get that to actually restore???:confused:

Originally posted by XP Abuser
well i havent got system restore to work since ME (Macaroni Edition) so i aint gonna start relying on it now... BTW are you jesus or summin how the **** you get that to actually restore???:confused:

Yeah, it doesn't work nearly as well on ME as it does with XP I've noticed. I do tech support for an ISP and the System Restore feature can make it really easy to undo the changes that the customer has usually inflicted upon themselves, but aren't even aware they did it. If System Restore doesn't work then I have to actually do some work. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back