CPU Upgrade Question

lewismark87

OSNN One Post Wonder
i have a x2 4600. which i am looking to upgrade....
do you have any suggestion for me...
if do please let me know....
===============================================
Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
*thread moved*

That's a very generic question lewis.. other questions need to be answered like:

What's your budget?
Do you want to stay AMD?
What kind of motherboard do you have?
Is this system to be used for gaming?
etc..
etc..
etc..

Continuing with Fitz's comment...

How much ram do you have, what type, number of sticks?
What type of video - on board, video card, etc?
What is the rating of your power supply? It may limit your options as much as your MB.

The best upgrade recommendations depend on what you have now. Like if you only have 1 gig of ram the best overall improvement may be to add more ram.

If you are into gaming the recommendation might be different than if you are into video editing or graphic arts.

So give us some more info and we'll help you out. Spending other people's money on upgrades is our favorite pastime around here. :)

If you don't know the answers to these questions you can download CPUz.exe from many sites (I use and trust www.majorgeeks.com) and it will read you hardware info for you.

Uh yeah, and welcome to OSNN.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back