CPU Temperature?

Originally posted by jumpy
silky, per AMD your chip will burn up at 80-90C :) Those temperatures are the limits of the cpu, not a safe operating temp :)
Yeah, bad wording. that's what i meant it can go up to 80-90. Didnt mean to say it would run "safely"

Well with my setup running under full load 24/7 I am 52CPU and 41 for the case. Not great but considering the house temps I am ok with it. I really want a prometia setup, but no money for it. My pc is too damn loud.

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well with my setup running under full load 24/7 I am 52CPU and 41 for the case. Not great but considering the house temps I am ok with it. I really want a prometia setup, but no money for it. My pc is too damn loud.
well, how bout un-overclock your cpu and put the voltage back to stock or maybe even lower... that'll help your cpu temp a LOT. then look into unplugging or replacing the louder fans. in the end you should end up with around the same temps with a lot less noise. it's not a very big OC anyway.

Originally posted by CrAsHeRKiDD
What is a safe level for my AMD Athlon XP 2400+ to run at?

Its currently running at about 32 Degrees.. Is that safe?
What type of HSF u have ?

Originally posted by taurus
well, how bout un-overclock your cpu and put the voltage back to stock or maybe even lower... that'll help your cpu temp a LOT. then look into unplugging or replacing the louder fans. in the end you should end up with around the same temps with a lot less noise. it's not a very big OC anyway.

Yea, I tried that. Only droped 1*C so..........? I need to clean my pc again so that could be a big part of it. Maybe I will do that now and post if changes.

WOW! I really need to be more dilligent in cleaning my pc.:eek: I found a beautiful layer of matted dirt covering my SLK-800 heatsink fins. After cleaning that up my front intake fan and filter (man was that dirty) my temps dropped 7*C!

Maybe just put some filters on your intake and exhaust fans maveric. It will limit your airflow somewhat, therefore slightly higher temps but it makes cleaning a lot easier and less time consuming :) Is that 2100+ a tbred'b? Should be able to go a lot higher than that :D

Maybe just put some filters on your intake and exhaust fans maveric.
why would you want filters on your exhaust fans? to keep dust in? :confused:

Well, you know what I mean :D
Thank god I have you here to correct me... :p

wasn't sure if you meant what you said or the words just slipped past the checks and balances in your brain. ;)

Maybe just put some filters on your intake and exhaust fans maveric. It will limit your airflow somewhat, therefore slightly higher temps but it makes cleaning a lot easier and less time consuming :) Is that 2100+ a tbred'b? Should be able to go a lot higher than that :D

I have a large particle filter on my intake already, but it is really dusty here so I would need a REALLY good filter to keep it good and clean inside, but that would be too restirctive for my taste. And yea it is 2100+

you also wanna drop into AMD's website and have a butchers at their statistics, interesting reading!! My 3300+ runs @ 38 degrees, but thats with some SERIOUS cooling, but according to AMD it should be safe UP TO 92 degrees.

Hi

So wat is everyone Temp? Cos mine seems Too Hot so i think im gona get a side panel wit a fan Blowin in Cool air or suckin out hot which is better?

Heres A Pic

Can u Buy Side Panels that have both? Or Anything that Can either go in Pci or Perferably on a Side Panel, Sorry to Steal this Forum away from the Guy who Started This Thread but ppl always have ago wen they say u shuda posted it in another, anyway help pls lol
Cya
Ste

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back