CPU Temperature

G

Gouk

Does 48 Degrees sound ok for a machine of my spec (see below)?

I only have a CPU fan, a PSU fan and a fan on the graphics card.

Oh and it reaches 48 degrees after about 2 hours and has never gone above 50.

Hi !
As far as I know, if the temps never go over 50°C (or even 60°C), everything is allright !
In your case, you don't have to worry !

Average normal temperature on a Duron 800 is 40 C idle 45 C load.

with added ambient temp.. 48 sounds right too me.

But my Pentium3 1Ghz never goes above 32 full load!, just a comparison.

It can be cooled better with a good thermal compound like Arctic Silver 3. I have had better cooling with that than the "pad" that comes on many heat sinks. There are some great heatsink / fan combos out there which will also lower the temp. Although your temp seems OK, it wouldn't hurt to try to cool it down a bit.

Good article here using arctic silver 2 on a Duron 800.

Sounds a little too much for a Duron as others said , My Athlon gets 45 in 20 minutes and reaches 47 so far . You should be worried if your cpu [ ! ! ! ] gets over 52-54 degrees

It can be cooled better with a good thermal compound like Arctic Silver 3

xsivforce, you got a fixation or a fetish for this stuff?? lol
Seriously tho' I must get out and get some, sounds pretty good.

ta ta
TOK:cool:

Originally posted by gothic

ta ta
Yes, I do. :p I really have good results with it. Make sure when you get it, only apply a very small amount. It contains a high concentration of silver. If it makes contact with anything other than the processor itself, it could cause a problem. Also, remove whatever is already on the heatsink. Other compound or pad or whatever is there.

I set the ACPI CPU Temp ShutDown in the Bios to 60 Degrees so if it reaches 60 my PC will switch off on its own :)

Xsivforce, I will try some of that Arctic Silver thermal compound and post back with the results :D

Oh does that Arctic compound stuff work on humans? Sure would help in the summer heat :p

Arctic Silver should pay me a little on the side as much as I mention them. Thermaltake as well with the Volcano 7. ;) Maybe I should copy all of my posts about both of them and send them to the respective companies. :p

Dont get me started on Arctic Silver the stuff is one of the best things ever made, and gets better with every new mix, Arctic Silver 3 is wonderful, I am going to get some more when I get my ThermalTake Volcano 7+, as soon as Dabs.com gets some of them in. I would order now, but it is 2-3 weeks, and I will be gone in 2 weeks. Will wait til it is 2-3 days.

Also the Arctic Silver took my CPU temp down by 7 C, they guarrantee about 2-4, but I got 7, this I think is 'cause I had really bad contact between pad and CPU

Originally posted by gothic

ta ta

Makes you wonder what else he's doing with it :eek: :D

you cant really do much with Arctic Silver but use on heatsinks, what can xsiv be doing.

*suddenly realises he doesnt want to know*

It depends

my chip can with stand up to 70 Degrees, but i agv out to about 23 for system and 39 for CPU

My Current System stat

SYSTEM STATS:
PROCESSOR: 1-AMD XP, 1327MHz, 256KB (0% Load)
Mbm5 Info: System: 29°C, CPU 43°C, Fan(1): 9374RPM, Fan(2): 4687RPM, Fan(3): 2343RPM
RAM: 214/256MB (83.59%)  -={::::::::--}=-
NETWORK: #1 (Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport (10Mb/s) 775.34MB In, 1351.92MB Out)
VIDEO: Radeon 7500 64MB @ 1280x1024 32bit 70Hz
My g0at's been stable for 16hrs 55mins 3secs with Wincrap XP Professional
Current record is 5days 7hrs 2mins 33secs.
(%) Disk Space:
(C) Type: fixed Size: 6.89 Gb Free: 2.43 Gb Label: WinShit.
(D) Type: fixed Size: 74.51 Gb Free: 6.63 Gb Label: DUMP.
(E) Type: fixed Size: 10.31 Gb Free: 3.87 Gb Label: INSTALLED.
(F) Type: cdrom Size: 549.5 Mb Free: 0 Bytes Label: EXPANSION.
(G) Type: cdrom Size: 608.8 Mb Free: 0 Bytes Label: BROODWAR.
(~) Total Space: 91.71 Gb Free Space: 12.93 Gb.

Do you think my cpu is alright?.

hi
i run a p4 1.3 ghz
wid 384 rd ram
i get a cpu temp of 45 idle
sys zone 1 : 25
and sys zone 2 : 33
do you think this is alright for a p4 1.3 ghz?...or too much?...

buh isn't that a lil too much for a measly lil p4 1.3 ghz?....
i mean...45 idle
i think theres somethin wrong
its usin the mobo's sensors...
i got a 70* C load temp...
45* C idle...doin nuthin at all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back