CPU Temperature

S

SeeKerS

What is the normal CPU temperature? I think i need a better Fan it seem my comp heats up pretty fast.

What is your CPU? My AMD T-bird 1.4 runs at about 50 Celsius at load.

BTW: I use a ThermalTake Volcano 7 to cool it. One of the best investments I made. Very quiet!

Its a Pentium III Overclocked to 1050ghz

http://www.spacewalker.com/sv24.htm

That is my comp and as you can see it heats up pretty fast. It reaches up to 57 celciuis or is it farainheight. The point is am afraid it will burn out on me.

I think Its called Cooler Master

Im not sure but i took out the original one because it made alot of noise, and bout a cooler master and doesnt make as much noise but i saw an increase in temperature.

Did you use Arctic Silver 3 thermal compound?

I have to take my boy to cub scouts. I'll check your post when I get back.

I did not use thermal compound

Cooler master had a brown rubbery substance. I thought i did not had to use thermal compound. Im not sure wheter i needed to put thermal compount or not. The original fan required thermal compound but i thought cooler master did not needed it because it had that rubbery substance where i would normally put the thermal compound. So what do you think i should do, buy thermal compound and put it on top of the rubbery substance and see if it cools or is that a bad idea and will only make things worse.

Nah, that rubbery compound is also a "conductive" compound. My volcano 7 had it, too. I "rubbed" the compound off and used the Arctic Silver instead. But, I have an AMD chip. Your Pentium isn't as subject to overheating. The rubbery compound should be enough.

uhmm I need that artic silver soon. 262 F yikes!!! My friend is bringing some over. Intel P4.

my Athlon Xp stays arouns 30-35 degrees celcius... no funkeh stuff on it like liquid nitrogen ;)

MdSalih

i run a xp 1800 with volcano7 and artic silver,my temps at full load run 47c,your intel should run a lot cooler!

cpu temp...

You know, AMD thuderbirds and XP processors are THE best heat resistant processors arround...

I Have 2 nice big disks, sb audigy, 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird, 650MB Ram and a GeForce Ti 500... overclocked...
I added only one airo cooler, bellow my video card...

My CPU temperatur, in the summer can go up to 70, sometimes 80°c... my casing temperature, up to 50, sometimes 60°c...

No problems what so ever... AMD even claims that there CPU's should work, even if they are almost at 90°c...

No, really...

I have a 1800+ (1.53gig) overclocked to (1.63gig) and my cpu runs around 40° - 47° celcius. I have a Dragon orb 3 fan on it !

Sounds like your cpu is running alittle hot. Get better cooling or dont overclock it as much !!!!!

My 2 cents !!!!!!!! :p

:(

:)

I know it's running a bit hot...

But thats only in the summer (when my room itself reaches 30°c), In the winter it's about 40->50 max...

Anyway, no danger in it. it's still between the safety lines, and everything is working a 100%...

For CPU cooling, I use a Dragon Orb (don't know which one... forgot)

anyway, it's well worth it all, for an increase of 60->100FPS in a rollercoaster game, and 17FPS extra in medal of honor :)

PS: Do NOT use nvidia driver 3.23.90... use 3.23.32 instead. Even with the refresch fix, I get about 700 points more using the 3.23.32 driver...

heh, my 1.4G AMD Thunderbird stays around 32 degrees when i'm just surfin or chatting, but under full work load it'll get up to around 45.........never seen it above 50......:D

My Pentium3 1 Ghz runs 28c idle, 35 fully loaded

My case has 2 80mm fans sucking in from front (with filters--naturally!!) and 2 80mm fans sucking out back. The case never goes above 30c (some days the room is warm some days not), so that effects it too.

Oh btw my P3 has a golden orb cooler.

My Pentium 4 bumped to 2.399.92G buttered with Artic Silver 3 beneath my Swiftech MCX478 heat sink coupled with an 80cfm fan purrs away at 36 degrees C. I would have no other aircooled processor configuration. A bit pricey, but well worth it!:D

Something strange happend...
I tried to "upgrade" my FSB from 100MHz to 133... Just to try out
But of course it didn't work, so I had to reset my CMOS in order to start my computer again :)

I reset every configuration to it's previous state, as it was before I messed with the FSP, and now, my PC runs up to 10°c cooler...

Strange...

LOL

Why did you buy a Shuttle barebone?
oh, and the average cpu temp for PIII's is 40-50c

and to the dude with the oddly high temp on the P4 thats not possible, P4's have built-in overheating protection, and will slow down to the point of being an equivlent of a 2x86 to keep the temp down.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back