Cpu Temp

• Thread starter bigdingding
  • Start date
I used to have an athlon t-bird 1.0 ghz chip that ran @ 62-65C for like 2 years and its still running on a second machine I built for a friend. AMD has a high threshhold for heat capacity (not like intel boooo). IMO, if you're hitting 70+C, do something about it like get a new heatsink or apply thermal compound. Also check to see if you are getting good air flow through your case. A good rule of thumb is 1 intake fan for every 2 exhaust fans.

Originally posted by Bootsy
A good rule of thumb is 1 intake fan for every 2 exhaust fans.

actually, I thought a good ratio of case fans would be 1:1 - i.e., 3 intake fans, 3 exhaust fans. More exhaust fans to intake fans would cause a vacuum, wouldn't it?

It would cause a vacuum, but not in the literal term, because the case itself is not fully air tight. A vacuum in this case would be a good thing, forcing more fresh air in. A ratio of 1:1 is also good to have.

oh btw mine's a 1.5 p4 ;) they always seem to be cooler than Amd :cool:

my dam harddrive runs hotter than mu cpu unless i'm doing something intensive!!!

Dont forget to clean the base of the heatsink and carefully clean CPU with something like Isopropyl alcohol, used to clean tape heads etc, to provide a clean base , before applying arctic silver.

My Athlon XP 2500 was around there during the summer time with windows open. I live in North Carolina mind you were humidity takes it to the 100s + range. and is usually in the 90%-100% humidity. Needless to say, my machine I think was doing pretty good for those warm days. I have AC, but I do like having the windows open except on those 100% humidity days. lol

ok, now that we know what the temps should be...lol. Would someone mind helping me figure out how to get coolmon to work so I can get it to register my CPU Temperature? I have MBM, but being a non programer I come across as dumb by saying, WTF? Any suggestions as to how to get it going?

Read the manual on the website ;)
I used to run Coolmon, havent in a while though.
Once youve got the hang of it its all easy enough - all you need to do is know the basic tags. Go on their forum and have a look at other peoples displays, they should also show their config.
All I ever did was steal other peoples, somewhat more imaginative configs and edited them for my liking :p

Thanks, I did that originally and found a setup I liked. But, I can't figure it out for the life of me...I guess it goes back to the old, Read, learn, do bit...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back