cpu temp + fan crap.. :(

C

cky

ok when im in bios it says 64c/142f and when i go to the asus probe it says 43c/109f for my cpu temp. wtf..which one is right?

also i have an SLK-800u + tornado fan and the box says it can run at 5700rpm but it will only run at 2766rpm...how can i get it up 5700

(sorry im new at all this stuff )

Asus probe has some software CPU cooling which I think gives the lower temp. Other than that BIOS more reliable. Lubricate fan.

the A7N8X has asus' Qfan feature. it operates the fan at a lower speed until it reaches a certain threshold. i think 50? you can change it's low-end speed in the bios so it'll spin faster than your 2700rpm. or turn it off completely so it's always at full speed, but this would be silly. like i said, it automatically spins up to full speed when it reaches a certain temp.

as for the bios/pcprobe temp difference, make sure you have the latest bios version for your board.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back