CPU Speed Error

J

jfactor01

I noticed after booting my computer today that my CPU is now registering as a "1600+ Unkown CPU" and i'm now only getting 1.40Ghz. The CPU is a Athlon XP 2000+ , it's always been fine but for some reason its changed, I haven't made any system changes what so ever so i'm not sure what the problem is.

Happened to me as well, sort of.

My CMOS battery died and when I powered down it lost the settings in the bios so I had to change the FSB freq and the mulitplier each time I booted until I changed the battery.

Have a look just to check your settings

Originally posted by jfactor01
I noticed after booting my computer today that my CPU is now registering as a "1600+ Unkown CPU" and i'm now only getting 1.40Ghz. The CPU is a Athlon XP 2000+ , it's always been fine but for some reason its changed, I haven't made any system changes what so ever so i'm not sure what the problem is.

what does is your fsb in the bios...

it should report as 133... if it isn't than there lies your answer..

My mobo isn't very good, it wont let me see the FSB through BIOS I don't think.

Originally posted by jfactor01
My mobo isn't very good, it wont let me see the FSB through BIOS I don't think.

there should be some software that allows you to see the fsb...

actually just go to control panel > system and report what speed it is showing over there :)

What motherboard do you have? As mentioned, I'd say your CMOS battery is dying, thats the only explanation if you haven't changed any settings.

Use this and you will get the info needed just unpack and click the exe :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back