cpu settings

sparky

OSNN Addict
hi all

built my first pc reccently and though it seems to be working well it seems a little slow,

athalon xp2100
firstly i have a gigabyte ga-7va mobo (amd)
256 ddr 2100

psu 350 watts
now i set the jumper on the mobo for the cpu to 133mhz
choices were 100 133,166
agp to 4 x
graphics creative mx440 ddr 64mb

did all the usual tweaks ,pagefile etc
all the updates installed
but when i installed my hd i still had the xp os in place and didnt format it ,and it took ok

some programmes a wee bit unstable now

are the above settings right

thanks
:huh:

When I make major changes, I tend to do a reformat (after backing-up), and re-install XP.........erring on the cautious!

TOK

yeh its like havin a new car with an old engine it seems alright but when you look closer its really ****e and doesnt let the car use its full potential. so get a new engine dammit (I Mean Windows)

ya get wat im sayin?

yeah i thought you guys would say that,did a backup before i started building the pc,was a little disappointed that the pc was slower than i expected it to be and some of the programmes are working but crashing in the middle of me working on them so i guess its format city for me
does anyone know if the settings that i gave at the start of the thread are ok for this mobo
any advice would be great:)

could be your new ram causing problem... faulty ram can crash things withou warning...

Where is my 256mb high spd CF card?
:eek: haiiiii....................

All hardware settings seem correct. You should do a reformat after any major upgrade. That way you get proper driver configuration (i.e., no driver conflicts).:D

"Tell em' the Snook said that":D :D :D

P. S. This is my 1000th post! Do I get a door-prize or something?:p

did a format with windows everything settled down ,am going to get another 256 ddr ram soon so hopefully this will help the speed as well
thanks for all the posts guys :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back