CPU Running hot

U

UofEEE

Okay kids, here's the deal. My CPU runs HOT and I still can't get the darn thing to work. Here's my setup:
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
ASUS A7V333-RAID
Thermaltake Volcano 7
512 megs PC2700 DDR
Enermax Whisper 2 fan power supply (350)
(2) Vantec Stealth Case fans

IDLE: 55C
LOAD: 65C

Yes, the fans are mounted the right way, and the only thing I can think of is that the thermal compound I put on isn't working right. It's driving me up the wall, and I don't know what to do. HELP!!

It's listed here as being compatable...and the box says up to 1800+ which I believe is only 66mhz slower than it's 1900+ counterpart...hardly enough to warrant a new cooler....

WATER

IF ALL ELSE FAILS GET WATER COOLING BABY!! AND AN XP UNLOCING KIT..... THEN MY FRIEND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FLY!!

Originally posted by catch23
And blow $100+ doing it :eek:D

how you figure

sell your old case on ebay, heatsink sell on ebay and ne other parts u got lying around. good for like 70 bucks or more. now new case with water pump, resivour, radiator, cpu temp probes and all pipes pre assembled. how can you possible go wrong. not to mention the fact that you can overclock the cpu like a mother and still run under 90f

erhmm my CPU which is Athlon 1.2 g is running at 60º IDLE and around 68º load

is that to much???

its hard to get good heatsinks here in this part of mexico, but if i need one i will probably have it shipped, is my CPU to hot ?

nIabI

Originally posted by niabi
erhmm my CPU which is Athlon 1.2 g is running at 60º IDLE and around 68º load

is that to much???

its hard to get good heatsinks here in this part of mexico, but if i need one i will probably have it shipped, is my CPU to hot ?

nIabI

extremely too hot. should never go over 55. most people say 60 but play it safe and make 55 ur max. that is way way way, oh did i say WAY to hot for that chip. before i went to a water cooler i had my 1800+ at normal speed @ 105f or 40.5C with a few case fans added in. overclocked @ load it only hit 51c. id say youve got a problem

Tbird94sc: I REFUSE to stoop to buying hardware from EBay...

Or anything, for that matter.

i didnt tell you to buy hardware from ebay. i said sell the old stuff. there are a lot of people who disagree with that point of view you have there. i had a $60 case with a $40 ps for a total of $100 i paid. i got $200 shipped for it thru ebay. how can you complain about that

i should buy more and keep making a profit and milk it till i cant make money nemore

any other tips to cool my CPU probably without gettin aything extra, as i said its kinda hard to do so here.

:(

nIabI

get a few case fans or a new heatsink. there really is nothing else you can do save for getting a bigger case

Tbird94sc: DECENT water cooling kits cost around $100.

I gave you decent. Koolance is one of the best water cooling kits around. not only are they good but everything is built inside the case. check it out.

www.koolance.com

its 150 for water cooling kit which includes water resivour, duel pumps, tubing, radiator, cpu thermal probes, liquid and not to mention IT ALL COMES PREBUILT IN SIDE A CASE. all that plus a case for $150. how the hell can you go wrong

I have a better idea.... get a bigger fan, and some good heat compuond, save yourself $100.

Better to save that money for a faster chip, rather than overclocking it.

I'm currently having a local (very trusted) shop look at it...hopefully they can offer a solution...I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your help!

u should get a coolmaster super heat pipe, very good heatsink, to bad mine doesn't work on my mobo :'(

Tbird94sc: DECENT water cooling kits cost around $100.

water cooling kits really scares me but i sure believe that's the most efficient cooling device :cool:

whatever - if u need a good component you must " PAY " for it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back