CPU Running hot

Just get a different mobo and a P4. You'll be miles ahead of the cooling game with no performance hit (you will probably increase performance across the board). By the way, get the Northwood chip. It runs coooooool with stock heatsink and fan.;)

cooling is nothing if you hate the chip your cooling....

and besides, with the cash he'll save with the AMD he can buy a water cooled system...

and still be faster!!
SO THERE!

:D :D :D

Originally posted by UofEEE

ASUS A7V333-RAID

IDLE: 55C
LOAD: 65C

Yes, the fans are mounted the right way, and the only thing I can think of is that the thermal compound I put on isn't working right. It's driving me up the wall, and I don't know what to do. HELP!!

When i upgraded my friends board from an epox 8k7a+ to a asusA7V333 mobo the temp jumped up from 42 to 50 with an xp2000 chip, reason is the fact the a7v board has MP detection in the bios, allowing it to read the CPU temp from the CPU's internal diode giving a more true reading. before it was reading the airspace below the chip.
I upgraded from the epox8k7a to a epox 8k3a+ and had a simular rise from 39 to 46 with an xp1800 as i was reading from the CPU's diode on the new board as well. it kinda rips the cpu temps in half depending on how the temp is read.

As i have now in 2 cases seen the cpu temp rise with a new board using copper heatsinks in both pc's each time and extra cooling im not botherd that my chip reads true at 46 deg c as AMD state the temps as 48-58 for my chip.

(but next month if i get a good pay packet at work im getting 1 of those water cooled cases and all the gubbins so i can clock this bas***d and have a stupidly low temp :D )

Anyway from experience fitting an exhaust fan up the top of the case, will take a few deg c off that cpu temp. aim for the 48-58 range and your chip will be fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back