cpu heatsinks...

C

cky

hey,

i currently have a Cooler Master-HHC-001 heatsink and i was wondering i should stick with this or get a volcano 9+ or whatever they are.

btw, i have an amd xp 1800+

thnx

What is your running temp now? If it is OK then what you have should be OK.

That's plenty cool enough. What does it get up to running a hungry game? If it stays under 40c the fan is doing a good job.

Still plenty cool enough. Not quite sure when you should start to panic but I think it is around 50c.

Make sure you check back here in case some else replies. See what they have to say. :)

Yep those temps are fine, especially for an XP chip. Actually those temps are great for an XP chip, I agree with hipster, no need to worry about another cooler. If you're looking to overclock, a volcano 9 is a fairly cheap option or you could go with something more exotic like a Thermalright SLK 800. A bit pricey but mmmmm, nice :D

k thanks, ill check out that thermalright slk 800. i was going to overclock it with this one but it keeps reseting itself, and my friend said it might be the power supply+ram but i dunno so ill check it out. thanks for the help guys

You should panic if it goes over 65C. AMD can run at 65C fine. Mine runs at about 55C ( I know; I know. Heatsink sucks )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back