cpu heatsinks...

C

cky

hey,

i currently have a Cooler Master-HHC-001 heatsink and i was wondering i should stick with this or get a volcano 9+ or whatever they are.

btw, i have an amd xp 1800+

thnx

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
That's plenty cool enough. What does it get up to running a hungry game? If it stays under 40c the fan is doing a good job.

J

jumpy

Yep those temps are fine, especially for an XP chip. Actually those temps are great for an XP chip, I agree with hipster, no need to worry about another cooler. If you're looking to overclock, a volcano 9 is a fairly cheap option or you could go with something more exotic like a Thermalright SLK 800. A bit pricey but mmmmm, nice :D

C

cky

k thanks, ill check out that thermalright slk 800. i was going to overclock it with this one but it keeps reseting itself, and my friend said it might be the power supply+ram but i dunno so ill check it out. thanks for the help guys

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
You should panic if it goes over 65C. AMD can run at 65C fine. Mine runs at about 55C ( I know; I know. Heatsink sucks )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oso