cpu fan

C

cabmustang

i'm planning on buying a new cpu cooling fan. should i remove the cpu goop(i forget the actual name sorry) and replace it new stuff or will the old stuff be fine. and i need to remove the old stuff how would i do so?

It’s called thermal paste, but I've heard other names. You need to replace it, I like to take a piece of normal white paper and use the side edge of it to gently scrape off the old paste; I cut the paper to a size I can easily handle like 2x3. I use a similar method to put new paste on, just a small blotch then spread it evenly across the core.

But if you’re just replacing the fan you don't need to remove the heatsink. Or does the fan come with a new one?

Artic Silver III is the best stuff to use supposidly. replace with that and not the stuff in the plastic bag if you can help it.

Clean it with Goo Gone. And remember, for what its worth, AMD does not recommend the use of any goo, and that includes Arctic Silver. Using anything other than the pad supplied in their retail kits, voids the warrantee. And don't be too concerned with the various low temps people post. With AMD, mid 50's are well within spec.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back