CPU Fan

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Well I've switched my CPU fan over to a molex connector as well as all the other fans in my case. Anyone see any problems that could arise by doing this, besides spinning lower? Anyhow temps are not aweful, and I'm not overclocking I just CAN'T STAND TO LISTEN TO MY COMPUTER TAKE OFF ANYMORE! One of these days I'm going to just have to break down and buy silent harddrives and a new CPU cooler, these two things are making most of the noise in my case. 2 Maxtor hard drives 7200RPM, ATA100/133, 40gb,30gb, CPU fan is stock for AMD Athlon 2100+ TB.

It's not going to make any difference at all. The RPM's of the fans should be the same too. You should get a fan controller if you want to slow them down.

Dubbin1 said:
It's not going to make any difference at all. The RPM's of the fans should be the same too. You should get a fan controller if you want to slow them down.

or you could try and remove any obstructions from in front of your case fans, such as the grills, all those little nasty holes in that fans take the air from. i have since removed all mine... and it is is bit quieter... another thing, just invest in some 120mm fans... those kick ass and move a lot of air quieter.

where?

hey where do you install 120mm fans in a case? in the back?

I installed a 120mm fan in the FRONT of my case. There are 2 80's in the back, but it depends on the case or if you want to mod the one you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back