CPU Fan Recommendations?

Also, along the lines of GPU coolers...... should i order an NV-Silencer 5 rev. 3 for my 7800GT

I'm using the silencer on my 7800GTX OC and am very happy with it. I typically idle at around 40 degress with the silencer and the highest load temp I've seen has been 53. Plus, the silencer exhausts the hot air out of the case which can only be good.

ED: I was refering to the stock vga cooler but the freezer is silent as well.

LoctOut: Idle on my 7800gtx is 35-42C I never check its load temp :p

just to add some imput.

the coolermast Hyper8
its quite and it does the job well and its cheap. all copper and heatpipe.
i have it running on an FX57 and on my 3500. both working fine.
Hyper 48(KHC-L91-U2)
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...l=KHC-L91-U2&other_title=+KHC-L91-U2+Hyper 48
personaly i would recomend this one. i have been very impresed with it and easly OC with almost no increase in temp and sound.

egh.... guess you missed the part where i said that i'm not too fond of coolers that basically look like a big chunk of copper..... either that or i didn't mention it... but yeah.... the Hyper8 doesn't really appeal to me.

I went with the Freezer 64 Pro anyway. XeonoX... the Zalman fans do look quite nice..... but i think they'd be nicer if they used the standard method of installing CPU fans.... not having to screw them down. I'ma probably wait to see what the Arctic Cooling Accelero X1 has to offer before i decide which fan to buy for the video card, if any.

ming said:
I quite like my Thermaltake Volcano/venus 12. Can't remember the exact model. :p

The volcano is one of the best on the market...

UNLESS... if you are like me, I like peace and quiet.. and the volcano is anything BUT...

Hey, this is kind of off topic but it is very important....
My cpu fan seems to not be working(acording to my computer). My pc says it is only going at about 1300 revolutions per minute. and this is really random it never did this before. I also dont believe that it is lying because unaided with another fan and only the cpu fan directly on it my cpu temp is at 43 degrees celsius and rising (usually at 32 degrees celsius). Can anyone tell me what to do? Is it a program problem or do i need to buy a new fan for my cpu (athlon x2 4600).......
- Thanks Alot,
Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back