CPU Fan Add On

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
I had a lot of free time, and I was putting together a computer for my parents, which is basically something to surf the web with, when I came across a cpu fan that was without a heatsink. I looked at the CPU fan on the Celeron, and compared the two, they looked the same. So I got two large screws and put the two together, and put them on the heat sink. I'm wondering, is this just a waste of case space ( and its a small case, an old emachines compact thinger ) or will this help keep the CPU cooler...not that a 367 MHZ Celeron needs a lot of cooling anyway, but still, I'm curious.

joko_xp

OSNN Junior Addict
you got a very stupid idea.leave it like before.guess you dont have a hmonitor chip and that kind of experiments need to be checked if you go higer or lower -temp.or maybe you study aerodinamics.best regards

Taurus

hardware monkey
it maybe helps a little bit. but the added noise and power required just really isn't worth it. especially on a 367mhz celeron! }:p

but suppose you have a high-end system that needs lots of cooling... i guess you could get 2 somewhat quiet fans and do that and probably get 10-20% more airflow than just one... but i don't know about noise. i'm sure it'd be better to just get one higher-speed fan.

shoulin

OSNN Addict
i remember my 300amhz celeron back in teh day overclocked to 450mhz with nothing more than the stock heat sink and a 40mm cooler master fan..... that was a slot processor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut