CPU Coolers, Which one??

R

rickang

I just bought a Coolermaster (Skiving Fan)... but its kinda of a noisy... but it runs at 6800rpm...

Any other "silent" recommendations??

Btw, is the artic silver thermal compound good enuf??

I've got a XP 1800+ but its running at 1.3Ghz only...
btw, ur volcano 7... izzit avail @ sim lim?

TITAN [ ! ]

Titan is my recommandation ( 3000rpm) works well and silence anytime . I have an SCS ( 7400 rpm) , a little noisy but keeps processor cold enought !

you could also look at the Zalman Flower Heatsinks and coolers. V quiet

another one you might want to take alook at is Thermaltake
Volcano 7,i use one on my rig and really like it.;)

i have the coolermaster hhc-001.. came with a 6800 rpm fan and i put a 4000 rpm one and it's not loud and gets no more than 38°C in a warm house with seti running.

instead of spending $$$ on a new fan, you can run that loud fan at 5 volts. use a floppy power connector and two bare-ended wires. at 1.3ghz, with a good heatsink and good airflow in your case, you should be able to stay under temp.

thermaltake_1135.jpg

Thermaltake A1135 Dragon ORB3 Athlon XP/K7 CPU Fan.

I am looking into that idea XS, what do people think about the Volcano 7+, I am not sure if I want to spend £15 more to be able to support a 2200+ as oppsed to a 2100+

The difference with the 7+ is that the heatsink is all copper and it comes with the fan speed switch. If you have the extra cake, I would go for the +. If you don't want to cough it up, the regular Volcano 7 is just fine. *hugs my Volcano 7*

I am not sure, which to go with as Noise wise the + version is louder at top speed but when running at 3000rpm it is 3db lower than the non + version running at 2900.
I am not sure, does it come with the switch or do you have to pay extra for that ie separate.

Hi, I was just wondering what a normal temperature for a 700MHz Celeron is, mine is about 30-35 degrees celcius. I wondering because i'm thinking of getting a fan with lower noise.

Volcano 7+ is the best one, you can set what speed you want.

Otherwise get a Koolance tower like me!!!

Originally posted by Phantom
Hi, I was just wondering what a normal temperature for a 700MHz Celeron is, mine is about 30-35 degrees celcius. I wondering because i'm thinking of getting a fan with lower noise.
should be fine getting a quieter fan, phantom.

Originally posted by gtgarside
you could also look at the Zalman Flower Heatsinks and coolers. V quiet

And based on the reviews I've read, not very efficient or well made. Noise you can get used to. The Swiftech MCX462 is the best forced air cooler currently on the market.

But if I remeber right, you have to remover your mobo to install that swiftech, cause it's installed with 4 screws.
That aint good imho

Using the flanges on the ZIF is old school. The four post mounting is MILES more stable, and the springs on each post make your CPU a lot safer. Is it that you're uncomfortable with removing you MOBO?

ZIF is quality, I dont like the P4 post system, the ZIF is easier to attach

That's your choice. However, the 462 is clearly a very large and heavy cooler, that's why it attaches using the the new method. Sometimes "easier" isn't better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back