CPU cooler...

M

MiseryQ

I just installed my 1.4gig Thunderbird 200mhzFSB...
And got it to 1.54gig with a GlobalWin WBK38 heatsink and fan...

I was planning on running over to Coolerguys and getting a 80mm adapter and fan but saw a review saying not to... Too much airflow for proper heat transfer... And mentioned a 60mmx60mmx38mm fan... I don't know if I can stand the noise of a a 8000rpm fan...

Basically I need heat sink suggestions... Good ones less than the the $35.00 I was going to spend on the combo...

I shoul've mentioned, cpu temp 109.4f avg 116.6f peak...

i dont know how much it cost where u live but here in canada the VOLCANO 7 is 35$ so not very expensive and i does a good cooling job. one of my friends has it.

if u really want Good cooling power try the swiftechs there the best.. but "harder" to find.. i have the thelmatake sk-6 : copper cooling> expensive but better... i still wish i had found a swiftake though lol :p

I personally love the therlmalright heatsinks like the SK-6...www.thermalright.com..but the heatsink alone is 35bucks, but hey it's pure copper so if it ever comes to scrap metal time ya can trade it in heheh

i got to ask... why overclock a 1.4ghz cpu? especially to a 1.54? LOL very little gain for big big risk!

big risk nah not really.. i just upped the fsb a little bit, my componants can take it :D

speed my friend is the reason i oc`ed this pc lol.. cause i wanted the 1800+ but the damn cpu was 440$ when i wanted to buy it and i needed the upgrade(couldnt wait) so i bought the 1700+ and oc`ed it to 1800+ levels :D

i saved 200$ lol and now that goes for my gf4 lol :p
viva el speedo lol u got to do what you got to do , espacialy to save money :D

and btw my sk-6 cost me 64$$$ here in canada sumthg just cost more..damnit! sniff sniff its not fair!!! :mad: lol
but it was worth it.. pure copper, delta fan ... adda little bit of artic silver and voila you`ve got urself some cooling power lol ;)

I've been checking some reviews and the cooler I have now does'nt seem to be that bad... Not exotic but not bad either...

Honestly, @ 1585mhz I got the "IRQ not less or equal" Which I normally get when it's just ran too high... So a "better" cooler might now help...

And why overclock a 1.4mhz... Just because... There's no explanation... I swear I can't even tell the difference between the 700@805 T-Bird I took out... I don't play games...

Guess I'll have to spend more time running Photoshop and Cool3D...

I can't tell the difference between my P2 400mhz and a P4 2 ghz...except its a heluva lot slower :p

You want to overclock ????

www.frozencpu.com

Koolance PC2-C kick ass case......... comes with the water system.

Water cooling system.............

Kicks ANY fan cooling out there.....

:cool:

Actually Famine I've decide to go with a Bong system... :D...

I bought almost all of the parts tonight... Just have to get a Mag pump and The Z4 AquaSink...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back