CPU Clocking

W

wufong

any suggestions for apps to help with CPU/FSB/Memory tweaking? Also for Temperature and speed monitoring....

I only know of 'Speed Fan'.:confused:

:( opps didnt even pay attention to that im @ work yeah give that program a shot it should help it will let you change the core frequency of your processor, just step it up a little at a time, make sure its stable and remember to use cooling get yourself a lot of fans. if the program dont work w/ your mobo, save up for a new one that allows o/c:D

Originally posted by vdubVR6
this guy on here tried softFSB but they didnt have his mobo in there compatibility list so you might want to try them out ,maybe youll have better luck. unless you have an o/c board do you?
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

Tried the link, the download for softFSB hs been disabled - got a program called wcpuid which tells u current stats but doesn't let you tweak anything:(

yeah i sent a pm to the guy that has the program see if he know of anyother sited to d/l from ill post it as soon as he replies:)

Hey vdub, I just realized what you're name meant, I just sold a Vw Scirocco Scala - It broke my heart to sell! ( Bit off topic I know- but I know you feel my pain man!):D

u got ride of your vw shame on u;)

i could never get rid of my passat i love her to much

Bad news mobo not supported:( appreciate your efforts vdub

:( that sux, well just try to see if maybe they have a bios update for your mobo, but be very carefull!!! dangerous stuff messin w/ that, or just save up for either a msi or abit mobo i have msi and its verry easy to config for o/c ive heard abit is good and of course you cant forget asus.

hmm honestly i couldnt tell you i have never used an asus board i know that they are well known alot of people recomend them and they do have good saftey features for o/c like auto shutdown if your cpu becomes to hot and there boards also come w/ helpfull o/c software e.g. cpu temps, fan speeds..etc., so i guess its all a matter of opinon i now that alot of the other o/c boards are starting to add similar features. so its a matter of how much your willing to spend, i like my msi board it does what i need it to and its stable.

Yo a few days ago i asked if someone could help me overclock my cpu, you can read my information below, and i allready know it's impossible to configure with software or via my bios, but i do know that i can configure it with the jumpers on my mobo, someone told me then to get a map of my mobo with all the jumpers on it, i have the map now but i still don't really know what to do with it, i have allready send that other guy a pm but he didn't respond so maybe some of you guys can help me with it?

hmm well what is the highest frequency your mobo. supports? that will give you a sense of how high you can o/c your cpu, you then need to open your pc up and try to find the jumpers it refers to, and adjust as needed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back