coverting vmx file into iso

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Wondering about something,

I got an VMWare image file (.vmk) of Debian Etch 4 Server setup in my VMPlayer.

I am wondering if I can create a bootable iso from this image and install directly onto my Server HD.

Does anyone if this can be done?

Thanks,

Heeter

not too sure if something like acronis could do this if the file format was supported

a vmx cannot be converted to an iso.. nor can the vmdk file. The vmx is just the config file that vmware uses when running the computer. The vmdk is the "hard drive" of the machine. You could use a disk imaging product to create an image of the actual virtual machine..

Basically, you treat the virtual machine just like a regular machine.

If you want to do a V2P (virtual to physical) migration, a disk imaging product would be the route to take.

Ah, I see what you mean,

Image the vmware image and load onto bare metal after, ah-ha.

Should of thought of that,

Thanks a million!!!!!!!

Heeter

you will have to deal with driver issues.. possibly some blue screen issues and missing ntldr depending on your partitions on the primary server (requiring a need to edit the boot.ini). May also still need to inject a driver for a RAID controller and such..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back