Counterstrike Lockups (Just started happening)

Z

ZipTriX

Just recently Counterstrike has been locking up. Actually when it locks up my whole system locks up. Any ideas what is causing this. I know for a fact that my system is not getting too hot.

Other facts to help:

1) Recently, made a paging system on my E Drive (a partition off my main hard drive that XP is installed on), since I need it to use Adobe Photoshop.

2) System specs: TBird 1.4, 1024 PC133 SDRam, Abit KT7A-RAID, Geforce 3.

3) All drivers are current.

Could the paging system cause the locks cause it is on a seperate partition from the Windows installation?

Update: To answer the question above........NO the paging system doesn't cause the crash. I set it to no paging system and CS still locked up on me.

Recently I have been hearing a strange nosie from pc. Usually happens when accessing the C Drive.

Could it be a bad hard drive?

Seem that everyone is stump on this issue. Thanks for at least viewing my post. :)

Hmm are u cheating

Hi
The only time i ever had this problem is when using OGC thats right i cheat if u do to then sorry but its just one of those things that OGC sometimes does.
If on the other hand u play fairly god for bid, it is probbaly bad configured graphics settings causing it to crash try chnaging them such as not using direct 3d but open gl or something

Re: Hmm are u cheating

Originally posted by hyperlink1uk
Hi
The only time i ever had this problem is when using OGC thats right i cheat if u do to then sorry but its just one of those things that OGC sometimes does.
If on the other hand u play fairly god for bid, it is probbaly bad configured graphics settings causing it to crash try chnaging them such as not using direct 3d but open gl or something
bad hard drive and for the record i don't cheat

new vid drivers, or older actually.

all the new beta and official detonator from 23.11 and up drivers dont do well on geforce 3 cards. try 21.85, my geforce 3 has been stable ever since. http://www.3dnews.ru/download/drivers/nvidia/
and yes things can be runnin great then all of a sudden it goes bad.. those newer drivers dont handle memory good at all.
good luck...
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back