Counterfit Windows Vista

N

Not Bman

So it turns out my copy of OEM Windows Vista Ultimate is fake. I sorta knew it was when I first got it, but I never tested it to see. I just installed Vista and basically at the install screen it asks me to choose a manufacturer (so it basically does that Paradox crack). Though it didn't work. So I tried to change the CD Key and Register the key that I got with the disc and says it's invalid, go figure.

What I am wondering is if there is something I can do. Is there a place I can go to tell/give the Fake CD to Microsoft and they send me a real one? What are my options?

If I tell them the price I paid for it, which is MUCH less then normal Retail or OEM, will they charge me more money?

Possibly, probably. Well then don't tell them the true amount you paid, up the amount to a cost close to what M$ is charging for it. All this is moot if they want proof of purchase (sales receipt).

I got a fake XP Pro one time. When I tried to get a legit key from MS, I had to buy the Genuine Advantage XP Pro at full price.

How the hell do you get fake media?

:eek:

And can you not get an educational copy? They usually run a lot cheaper than regular retail/OEM don't they?

And can you not get an educational copy? They usually run a lot cheaper than regular retail/OEM don't they?
never really thought of this. i'm a student and would love a discount on vista premium 64-bit. any info?

I got one - they're tricky to find but they are out there. Mine cost me about £50 for 32-bit Home Premium but because it's a full retail version (as opposed to OEM) my licence is for both the 32-bit and 64-bit so when the SP1 version of Vista was released I installed the the 64-bit version with SP1 intergrated. You can either download this or just get MS to send you the 64-bit media for a small handling charge.

If you're a student or otherwise involved in education, this is definitely the best way to go, it's EXACTLY the same as the full retail 'non-educational' version.

I *think* that in order for Microsoft to provide a significantly reduced-priced copy of Genuine Windows, you have to provide information about the source of your non-Genuine Windows, so that they can go after them legally. So you probably have to testify and go into the MGWPP (Microsoft Genuine Witness Protection Program). j/k the last sentence. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back