Counter-strike Tonight (Aug-4th)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Quite possibly the last ever weekly Counter-strike night as most of us will be defecting to Counter-strike: Source because it will be lovely.

Will be looking to kick off around 7pm, would love to see as many of you as possible even if it is only for a little while - lets give Counter-strike a good send off!!

213.230.200.106:27015

Statistics will be available here:
http://www.over-clock.com/modules.php?modname=custompage&name=hlstats

I wish I could buy CS but I cant find it at the store. :(

Would recommend buying it over Steam, but I think the price is pretty expensive.
$30 I think... maybe.

You could always download Steam, create an account and have a look.

what is steam and why would I want to download it?? Remember I am a UT freak. I have never touched nor to I know anything about CS.
Maybe we should do a tut about CS UT Doom and any other popular games. Especially FPS since there is a whole onslaught of them.

Steam is the platform for launching HL-engine (currently) based games. Has an integrated IM that works, some of the time, as well as the fastest server browser I have ever seen (still faster than Gamespy Arcade 2) ... infact as you have used it, I could easily compare it to Stardock Central - you login and it will offer to download any games you are licenced for.

Is this a UK based thing or can anyone from anywhere become a part of it??

Anyone, its the new method of playing Half-life and Counter-strike. Infact the old method, called WON, shut down last week.

Thinking about it, you would have to buy Condition Zero on Steam, as it is the only way of buying the original Counter-strike on Steam.

The only thing you actually need is a cdkey to be honest, it can download the rest. And not everyone is on a dial-up connection anymore!

I almost got CS:CZ other day but store I was going to get it at was out and I'm not paying $40 everywhere else (even steam ;) ). I have found newegg has the best price though ... think its just under $24, but now I'm debating once again.

-edit- the newegg link

Xie: CS:S starts precaching tomorrow for CZ owners ;)

Sorry EP I cant make it. Going to journey to a land far away called Shetland to see my girlfriend :D

Post a few screenies though if you get a good turnout.

Aww, missed it again. I forgot to install it (again) :lol:

Is CS:Source based on the HL2 engine? Or still at HL1? What's so special about Source?

Well it can apparently run on a TNT2...
Worth a go I am sure :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back