Counter Strike Server IP Problem

S

Supplicium

I have my own cs server it is running AdminMod, CSguard 8.0, Chicken mod, and Statsme. Everthing is working fine but my server goes through the router and the server is using my routers ip address which is 192.168.1.101 . 192.168.1.101 is not my IP address. My friend says that i have to go to my linksys settings and forward my IP address... is that true??? if yes how do i do it and if no.. how do i fix it???
I need to get the server up to the public ASAP Thanks ~Sup

Hi Supplicium:
Please only post your question once, the other thread was deleted as it was a double post and had nothing to do with applications.

Thx

Yes you have to. It's done in the router's settings. Read the manual. It's normally called "port forwarding" or "virtual server". 192.168.1.101 is the internal IP of your server. 192.168.1.1 should be the internal IP of your Linksys router. Your external IP is either set in the router's settings (if static IP) or given to you everytime you connect (if dynamic (DHCP)). Your friends need to connect to your external IP. You need to forward the ports CS uses to you internal server IP (192.168.1.101).

ok u better try using DMZ feature, that will disable the firewall for 1 computer, completely exposing it to internet. in your router setup game find it and DMZ 192.168.1.101 that computer. if that doesnt work, there might be something in the server that u can further adjust? also port forwarding could work too, but i think it's limited to sertain amount of ports so it's better use dmz. good luck

Thanks guys for the help but im still having trouble. Im not sure that i have the correct settings in my Router right so if anyone knows what i should have settings wise please tell me. Also, in my hlds.exe shortcut i was told to add 1 of these: (niether of them worked for me)

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game cstrike +ip 24.(my internet ip).170 +port 27015 +maxplayers 8 +map de_dust2

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game cstrike +port 27015 +ip 24.(my internet ip).170 –noipx +maxplayers 8 +map de_dust2

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game cstrike +port 27015 –noipx +maxplayers 8 +map de_dust2

does anyone know of a diff. config.?

Also, i need a detailed step by step way of configurating my router and counter strike... im a n00b when it comes to networking crap.

Also, does anyone have any other ideas that could fix my problem?

Well port 27015 should be forwarded on TCP since that's the one you're using. Why you need to use +ip i don't know. But I'm not an expert on CS either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back