Counter-Strike Problem

P

Predd

Hey guys I'm having a problem with Counter-Strike, I keep getting this message: "You can not connect to a server running a different protocol version" . I have no idea how to fix this either, i'm runnin version 1.3 and it still says it. Please Help Me
~Predd~

Best Idea would be unistall Half-life but save all your TFC/CS/HL config.cfg files, install HL, install 1.1.0.8 Patch, install CS 1.3 Patch.

If its retail check for fixes.

So basically you want me to uninstall CS, but install Half-Life, do I really need to install Half-Life or is it just a wast of space? I don't mind if I have to I just want CS to work.
~Predd~

Well what I would do is uninstall Half-Life, then delete your Sierra Director, then install Half-Life, then Install the latest Half-life patch (1.1.0.8), then install Counter-Strike 1.3 (full)

If u cant be arsed doing all that, just use the Half-Life updater in the HL directory.

(if u didnt know CS is a mod for HL)

unless you have the retail version, in which case there is a latest patch for that, check counter-strike.net

You should just be able to install the HL update without reinstalling CS, as the HL update does not modify the Cstrike directory, as CS is still an "optional" mod ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back