counter strike - play with friend

S

SaintKaden

is there a easier way to play CS with a friend , other then goin online and setting up or searching for a server....

its anoying not to be able to chat at the same time, which brings mw to my next question, is there a way to chat with your friend before setting up the game or finding one?

thanx

P.S. I use msn messanger but I loose all my audio when I return to the game...

Let's say you know your buddies IP address. Let's say for instance the IP is 123.456.789.321
Get connected on Roger Wilco or the voice comm of your choice. I like RW myself. (the phone works too, hehehe)
http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/products/downloads/rw_win_dload.html
Make another shortcut to CS or edit your current one and add
+connect 123.456.789.321:27015 in the target line. That will start CS and connect you right to your friends game. If you guys password protect the server, just add the password in there too, like so,
+connect 123.456.789.321:27015;password

About setting up the server. If you want to start a dedicated server and then join it on the same machine. Make a shortcut to hlds.exe - game cs, use the same procedure as described above but change the IP to your own and change the port for your client by adding -port 27016 to the target in your shortcut. Start the server, minimize it, then join. :)

Leaving your MSN, AIM, Trillian, etc. will kick you to your desk if you're IM'd during the game. Best bet is to shut it off. If you do want to leave it run and get booted, just go back to your game, esc out, go back a few screens, (without exiting multiplayer) and your sound should come back. After which, you can resume play.

Worst Interface....

CS has the worst menu Interface ever,..... it has way too many problems and it f*&('s up oo easily..... 1.5 version isnt that bad now but 1.0 used to be terrible, lol .... i hope they fix it in CS: Condition Zero, btw, do i have to use Roger Wilco to connect with my friends game?? is there any other way..... i hate GAYSPY :mad: ...... i want to be able to join my buddies game that he's playing on without searching for it...... hehe, ya i know i am lazy :D ..... thx in advance,

RaZoR

hey Bluecat is right, I've been using Roger Wilco for some time now to get together with people before entering a particular server. Works better than the in-game voice thingy too

You don't need Roger Wilco at all. It's just a really simple way for the 2 of you to voice chat whether you're in-game or not. :)

There's a few other ways to find/join your friends server also, (besides the way I described earlier). If you hate gamespy, maybe try kali. ;) <<may never be updated again :(
You can also use the net at
http://www.gametiger.net/ or http://www.serverspy.net/
to find players, servers, etc. and join from right there. (Very Handy) Both of those have a slight timeframe in which the server lists are updated though. So if you just started up the server, you may have to wait 5-15 minutes before it shows up there.
(Just enough time to get a beer and errr ummm well you know ;))

HTH

Do you consider yourself ready to fight an bloody fight?
join up with either the blue or the red team, in Firearms!

www.firearmsmod.com =)) the hl mod i prefer, good community(not whine all the time as CS) an good overall mod, give it a try

there is other voice software called Bcom i think, but i dont remember the link. i'll post it if i do.

battlecom(shadowfactor) was bought up by microsoft.. now its part of their sidewinder com thingy

Originally posted by RA|N
Do you consider yourself ready to fight an bloody fight?
join up with either the blue or the red team, in Firearms!

www.firearmsmod.com =)) the hl mod i prefer, good community(not whine all the time as CS) an good overall mod, give it a try

used to play firearms until servers started to ban the aug.......so what if it was unbalanced.........:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back