counter strike - more than one person playin on ONE IP?

• Thread starter oO ShifterZ Oo
  • Start date
O

oO ShifterZ Oo

i was wondering if more than one person can play online with a cable connections with one ip address. I just wanted to know if anyone knows, becuase i mgiht have a lan party and ima wondering if i should bring down the modem. IF you could HOW>

if your behind a router, and are using a private ips you should be able to.

oDin.

My housemate and I used to play using XP connection sharing, we both had unqiue WON IDs and it didn't really affect the ping too much.

You can play css without any extra settings on one router.
The thing that will happen is the people that die will get a blacked out screen so you cant cheat and give others help.

This thread was based back when WON was still being used. Valve retired that system a couple years ago. But the same basic principles apply.

Not sure why you dug this one up either....:s

lol,
i didnt realize its age :)
I think knoscape was looking at it and i decided to go to it and saw june 7th, thinking it was 2006 :)
Hey, im tired and stupid :)

haha, its cool. sometimes its funny to read really old threads.

hehe I was about to post here, then I checked the dates. stalker!

Ok so back to the CS Source setup...

how do you make it to where you can have people join your game when they are OUTSIDE of your network?

Outside your network means you will need to use port fowarding or a port trigger so that people can get past the router.

Outside your network means you will need to use port fowarding or a port trigger so that people can get past the router.

Ok so how do I portforward to another router outside the network if they like me, have the cable modem at the interface point??

If you setup an internet game and can be seen in the lobby as long as your setup properly people will be able to joing your game, do you use a router? If not look into port trigger ...lets say your internal ip is 1.2.3.4. and the game use ports 666 udp and 666 tcp then you would tell port trigger to send all traffic from those ports to your internal ip. This is a crude example but I think you will catch the drift.

If you setup an internet game and can be seen in the lobby as long as your setup properly people will be able to joing your game, do you use a router? If not look into port trigger ...lets say your internal ip is 1.2.3.4. and the game use ports 666 udp and 666 tcp then you would tell port trigger to send all traffic from those ports to your internal ip. This is a crude example but I think you will catch the drift.

Ok however, I dont think that will work see my visio drawing as an example...

:dead:

EDIT: *clickity click* -->

home network.jpg

Last edited:
It should still work port trigger will take the traffic from the cable modem and forward it to the private ip of your machine, thats why they made it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back