Counter-Strike, Intellypoint-Driver, Mouse-Button4&5 ->BIG PROB!

C

chromit

i will try to explain whats the prob. if u dont understand what i mean, please dont close thread and read on. just ask me what i meant. thx :)

winxp comes along with a mouse driver, which doesnt support this mouse-button4 and button5 (intellimouse optical) feature. if u wanna use this two mouse-buttons, u gotta install the intellipoint-software and drivers. i do know, that counter-strike supports this mouse4 and mouse5 buttons and it works well for me, but when i play rtcw or any other game, this buttons arent recognized. so i had to install intellypoint.
and this is, when the probs started:

i bound mouse4 and5 in the intellypoint software to pageup and pagedown (there is no difference which keys i bind). in counter-strike i bound this two buttons to attack2 (alternate fire) and duck(duck ;-) ). when i am joining a game, and try to zoom (alternate fire) the zomm mode activates, and deaktivates again in a row. or it just doesnt activate at all. it seems this two buttons has a kind of lag. its impossible to play with this failure, cause when u wanna zoom-out it just doest react at all, or zooms out and zooms right away in again. when i am binding alternate fire to mouse1,2 or 3 this problem just doesnt occur. its an 4 and 5 failure.

well, ok, luckily i went into the task-manager, right clicked onto the mouse-driver, named "point32.exe" and set the priority to "higher than normal". and guess what: it worked !
but every time i restart the personal computer, this priority is lost again, and i have to set it to "higher than normal" manually again.

now my two questions:
1) is there a possibility, to set the priority with lasting effekt to "higher than normal"?
2) had somebody the same probs, and fixed it ? please tell me how.

thx in advance
chromit

LOL

sorry man thats way over my head , the other guys may know the answer

well,
the question hasnt this way-over-my-head-ability i think ;)

to say it more directly: is there a way, setting the priority of running programs to a higher state automatically on winxp startup ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back