counter strike......how do u disable vsync?

W

WarranT

hey gang.......

does anyone know how to disable vsync?

thx alot

WarranT

right click desktop
properties
settings
advanced
video card tab(whatever card u usin)
additonal properties
opengl settings
vertical sync
its on by default in the drop down box......just change it to always off

just fyi, vsync isnt a counter-strike setting. its a video card setting. the previous post explained how to disable it.

Originally posted by dijital
just fyi, vsync isnt a counter-strike setting. its a video card setting. the previous post explained how to disable it.

thats what he was asking for duh....how to disable vsync....he prolly wants higher fps than 60....i personally leave it on.....vsync off has no advantageous effect in cs anyway

nah but it just feels better when your constantly hitting that 100fps mark!

whatever happened to the guy stating he got like 6000crazy fps in cs...lol....what a crackhead

lol someone really said that? Was he serious? There's a command when you can spin around and get your actual FPS, isn't there? But 6000FPS lol!

woops not 6000 .....600 he said....not crackhead:)....just a pothead:)

yeah i remember that ******* 600fps my ass, he MUST of been talkin about time refresh!

time refresh must have been what I was thinking of, what's the command for that. i bet it's time_refresh ain't it.

I believe that it attempts to match your FPS to the rate your monitor refresh rate, or something simalar, it limits me to 60FPS in CS, i know that for a fact.

vsync on

you can leave vsync on and still enjoy high fps if u have an nvidia card :)

nvrefresh tool, u just apply settings.. restart then open ur game and enjoy.Nv Refresh Tool

need help!!!

I have a generic geforce2 mx400. I right click on properties, setting, advance, geforce tab, additional properties and i dont see any option on vsync. all i see is 3d antialiasing, overlay controls and clock frequencies, which i unlocked. is there any other way to disable vsync? or maybe in regedit.

yeah I remember the whole conversation about how high peopel's fps was... in CS..

what most of the numnuts did not seem to realize at the time was that the HL game engine did not allow for more than 99 fps.. I think they upped that to the 100fps that you lads are talknig about...

and there was one lad who posted he was getting 600-700 whatever and he posted an image with some crud on it.. it was NOT the fps showing on the game screen but instead something he had screenshotted off of the console..

yer probably right about it being refresh settings... coz if someone can get 600 fps in CS... well... um... never mind...

:D

Yeah he was doing a timerefresh in the console. Then eveyone did it and everyone got very different results, because they all stood in different places on different maps, and everyone was confused.

how i laughed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back