Counter Strike freezing (please help)

B

Blanco

i just started to play counter strike on my computer which i just upgraded to windows xp. Everytime i play counter strike the game freezes my computer and i have no idea why. i was told to download the nvidia 22.50 drivers and i did so and installed them and nothign has changed. i tried to update my drivers to the latest detonator drivers, and nothign has changed, i reinstalled windows xp and nothing has changed. i am going crazy here because i am the biggest computer illiterate person, and i dont have a clue to fix it because when i go to a site with a fix i cant follow the directions and i get lost in the process of trying to fix the problem because i dont understand. now some please help me because i dont know what to do, i mean i cant play counter strike for more than 5 minutes without it freezing, or it sometimes freezes when i bring up the game before i even start to play. can someone please help me by giving me exact instructions on a way to fix this, or i am at the point where i am going to install windows me because i didnt have any problems with windows me. so i am begging someone here to have pity on my computer illiteracy and help me with my counter strike and freezing computer problem. by the way i have a geforce 3 and a 1.4 gghz comp....and my connection is a college t1.
thank you,
Chuck

you turn off dirext3d sound?

I had the same prob.

Run WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe
Click sound at the top, turn the slider on the bottom all the way left.
Also you should update your bios

My machine would always freeze so I went a head and updated my BIOS and it fixed all of my issues....

If cs worked for you in Windows ME (which I think you said it did), then you can try running it on xp in windows 98 compatability mode.

Just open my computer, go to C:, then sierra, half-life, and find the file hl (it has the half life icon). Right click on it, and go to properties. One of the tabs is 'compatability', click on the box that says run in compatability mode for and select windows 98/me.

Might not work but if everything was fine in windows me, it might be an easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back