counter on files?

ludlo

OSNN Addict
hello

im running sambar server on a computer at home, and i need to check how many times a file has been downloaded, or start checking that.

how can i code this?

thanks

[Edit]Oh dear, i read Apache, not Samba. :D Well in Samba, I have nooo idea, not even sure it's possible. Especially since you don't really "download" through Samba.

** Old crap**

You could du it by using a small tracker and link to that instead of the file.

Like file.zip becomes dltracker.php?file=file.zip

The dltracker.php just increments the counter (in a file or database or whatever, your choice) and redirects to file.zip. This would however not work with direct links.

Another choice would be to parse through the Apache access logs to find the number of hits. This could get a bit messy though. ;)

well, dont know what samba is but im using SAMBAR web server :) but apache seems better, will download it and learn it. is it difficult to use apache?

ludlo said:
well, dont know what samba is but im using SAMBAR web server :) but apache seems better, will download it and learn it. is it difficult to use apache?
Oooohhh sambaR, *doh*, my mistake. :D Never heard of it.

Apache is definately good, it's the most widely used on the net (I think). It's not very hard to use, but I don't know how easy sambar is so. ;)

Samba btw is software you can use to share files between a Linux computer and a Windows computer for instance.

ahaa =) okej then i know what samba is :p

in sambar, you put your html files under sabar/docs/ and the you start it. not too much of setting up :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back