Cound Thermal Compound be missing?

D

Dimoe

Hey all got another question...

When I got my motherboard and CPU, I asked the people I was buying it off if they could install the CPU onto the motherboard to save me the trouble.

My question is:

"Does the AMD Athlon XP 2100 CPU Retail come with some type of thermal compound???"

They installed the heatsink that came with the CPU, but I can't seem to remember if they put any type of thermal compound underneath it.

The reason I am asking this question is because my CPU seems to be running hot!!! I can't get it to cool down. I placed my CPU right by my AC duct and my motherboard temp is at 20-25. CPU temp goes anywhere from 45-60. (Down from 70s, thx God!!!)

I'll be getting a grease load stuff (fans, good heatsink, grills) in a few days, but I want to know if I even have any thermal compound at all.

CPUIdle makes your Athlon turn into a Pentium 4 :/

It pretty much restricts how much of your cpu processing power you are allowed to use. (Sounds like Pentium 4 Burst Technology to me). I run Folding@Home so I am always at load (47 degrees ain't bad =) and when i ran TaskManager to see why it was folding so slowly, i saw that CPUIdle was using 50% of my system resources (placing it in reserve rather than actually utilising it) so that Folding@Home was essentially running at about 45% rather than 90-95% that is usually what it gets.

Yeah, it'll cool down your system but only because you now have a Pentium 4... We all want that now don't we???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back