corrupted Notepad .exe

T

tomsxp1

Hello, A friend says he has a corrupt Notepad .exe in his xp home edition, where can he go to reinstall it?

you might be able to take a copy of a working notepad.exe and put it back into his windos\system32 folder and see if that helps.
You could also try to use system restore to a point before it went bad (unless it's disabled).

beatlesdb
He wants to know where he can get a good copy of the .exe? Also he had turned off system restore( not good to do that) which he says he will never do again!

He could try deleting windows\system32\notepad.exe and let Windows File Protection do its thing.

Thanks Guys for all your help. Static 99's attachment should work great, I appreciate this help. Tom

Oops!
I hope it works, I just realized I have a Dutch XP version :eek:

Sorry I could not get back to ya ...
being a dutch version should not matter (I don't think) LOL

And if it does matter, here is the dutch version of notepad :D

Ah, just like the one in the attachment of my first post. :rolleyes:

I won't be at my friends pc til the weekend, So i am learning Dutch, just incase first, If it don't work out we can always rename his pc "The Flying Dutchman" HEH! They ought to make a movie or a book with that Title! I will be in dutch, i mean touch and let you know how it works out!LOL Thanks Guys, Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back