Corrupted java..needa Hand..

D

davidtb

The following error has occurred:
Java Corrupted or Misinstalled

is there an easy way to fix ?

I get error mssgs with norton firewall and sites like POGO can't utilize my java program. It's not working in my browser or in Norton.
I have the latest IE6.0.2800.020280###

How can I fix?

Thanks.

Try reinstalling Virtual Machine. For a download link, see the "sticky post" at the top of the Applications forum.

Kind regards,
Willem

If you don't have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (I think it's v1.4.1), then try installing that. If you try to install it and you already have it installed it will ask you if you want to uninstall it - do this - and reinstall the JRE. (You can get this from Sun's website). You can try to repair I.E - but I have never really had any luck with that.

Java Corrupted or Misinstalled
You'd be amazed how many people, for soo long, has had this problem. Nobody's got a quick fix. Mines still down,,some people's have been down for weeks. Some people have just given up.
I've tried:
upgrading IE6 to 6.blah,bla,bla..
reinstalling 6
going to Netscape.
d/ling and installing Sun's java.
reinstalling MS VM
System file checker did something..but it took all my updated drivers away and hid them (hadda do a restore)
tried IE repair.
I have JRE installed, works good on web-pages but not applications

I've come to the conclusion that this problem spans beyond the browser (duh) and has to be something not hookin up in the registry. but how and why remains a ???

I'll keep you posted.
I'll probably end up doing a reinstall of winxp.
but its running soo sweet right now.. I'd just hate to...

weighin' the options

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back