Corrupt TCP/IP i think.

W

wesrack0

I have two computers which i am trying to network together. I just got a new machine with Windows Xp Home Edition preloaded, and i cannot get it on the network. I have a netgear 4 port hub, and a 3com Network Interface card in the Windows Xp Machine. I believe the settings on the other machine (which is running windows ME) are correct. The XP computer cannot ping itself, nor can it ping it's own "loopback", the 127.0.0.1 ip. I believe i have a problem in my TCP/IP settings. I honestly do not know what is wrong. Does anyone have a suggestion.:confused: :mad: :confused: :(

First, check your cables. Are all the link lights on?

Then, check that the IP addresses are of the same class (the first three sets of numbers are the same, and that the last set are different). Also check that the subnet masks are both the same (255.255.255.0)

Next, try uninstalling all the protocols in the XP machine, and then reinstalling them.

JJB6486

To unistall the protocols, open the properties for your network connection, and click each item (Client For Microsoft Networks, QoS Packet Scheduler, and TCP/IP Protocol) and click the Uninstall button. Then click the install button. Install first from the services menu Client For Microsoft Networks & QoS Packet Scheduler, then install TCP/IP from the protocols menu.

JJB6486

Note the QoS Packet Scheduler is unneccessary. It's just there for flavor ;)
/L.A

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back