corrupt system restore?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i did a fresh reinstall of xp in order to get rid of all the crap Dell put in my pc. i reinstalled everything and decided to perform the usual maintenance: chkdsk, diskeeper

upon running chkdsk I got several errors which said that:

\System~1\_Resto~1\RP##

(where ## is a number that changed every line)

had a corrupt file. i was pretty surprised by this, so i figured that chkdsk would fix it. i defragged and all seemed ok, until now.
im running adaware and got this little error bubble (see in pic).
id run chkdsk again, but will the problem actually be solved?
if not, what can i do to fix it?

thx!
Apu

EDIT:forgot to add that the files seem to be right where the restore checkpoints are stored.

I have never seen that before - but there's a lot I have never seen.

Let me ask first of all how many RP's do you have?? It says number 36 is corrupt - I know each RP is built on the previous one - so I would think that if # 36 were corrupt, # 37 would be also unless the corrupt portion was changed/updated. Thus by running chkdsk it may just change the corrupt # to the next RP!

Perhaps someone might be able to explain what chkdsk will do for a restore point anyway - I am at a lose.

However there are numerous ways to delete RP's, you can delete all of them, all but the last one or just so many of them manually - if the chkdsk doesn't correct it - and you need to know how to delete RP's post back!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back