Copying and Pasting takes ages

Skunk141

OSNN Addict
Along with all the other Vista annoyences, copying and pasting takes so long, all this estimating rubbish, any kind of fix/registry hack for speeding this up?

Windows XP Pro looks so much better compared to Vista, and whats with all the manufacturers not supporting it, I have a laser printer less then 6 months old by HP that doesn't work, my current model Sony MP3 player is supposed to work but doesnt and nor does my Canon Ixus digital camera.

Oh and nor does my 3.5" USB external drive or my 2.5" external drive.

Oh and it crashes all the time on my machine...

Gigabyte M/B
PentiumD 3.2Ghz
1.5MB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 7500 GS PCI-E

I'll be swaping back to XP and keeping the vista on dual boot, don't get me wrong there are some very nice things about vista that I will miss but there are too many problems.

Vista is one of the worst operating system to be made IMHO, XP you are King and will be for a VERY VERY long time.

Wow I have 0 issues here in the office and at home with Vista.

Even the old printers work for me.

I cant say I have had any issues copying and pasting as well??

ive also had amachine in work running vista that estimated 1 hour 14minutes to unzip an 8mb file...
so i copied it over the network to an xp machine, then copied the unzipped folder back...
vista is awful.. very true ;)

Vista still has issues.

I just like being an early adopter :lick:

I agree with vanquished cut & paste copy work much faster in Vista. I have been able to find Vista drivers for my Epson R230 printer & Vista found the HP F370. Found Vista drivers for my Compro T300 tuner card & LG 20" monitor. The only one's I havn't been able to get are for Motorola V3 phone.
I love Vista, I have it as dual boot with PX Pro which I only use to update Windows.

Vista still has issues.

I just like being an early adopter :lick:

Deviant. :p

Once again thank you to all who have talked me out of messing with Vista.

The latest save was not buying a Compaq Presario with Vista on it for $449 today. The price was so good I almost bit, but then when I tried to run winsat (as mentioned here at OSNN) on the laptop they had it password protected so I could not run it. Says a lot when the machines performance spec's are locked out from potential buyers.

Amusingly the another Vista laptop I looked at would shut down for no apparent reason after using it for a few seconds. These were two Compaq Presarios and a simialr Toshiba Satellite. All Celeron M with 512 RAM. Performance was very sluggish and that was without Aero!

PS Be cautious of "Vista Ready" the first class action lawsuit has already been filed against MS for misrepresentation.

Last edited:
btw this is a known problem with vista. copy + paste takes a ridiculously long time, i think they posted a fix somewhere for it recently.

Deviant. :p

Once again thank you to all who have talked me out of messing with Vista.

The latest save was not buying a Compaq Presario with Vista on it for $449 today. The price was so good I almost bit, but then when I tried to run winsat (as mentioned here at OSNN) on the laptop they had it password protected so I could not run it. Says a lot when the machines performance spec's are locked out from potential buyers.

Amusingly the another Vista laptop I looked at would shut down for no apparent reason after using it for a few seconds. These were two Compaq Presarios and a simialr Toshiba Satellite. All Celeron M with 512 RAM. Performance was very sluggish and that was without Aero!

PS Be cautious of "Vista Ready" the first class action lawsuit has already been filed against MS for misrepresentation.

Messing withit is fine , its when it is mission critical that you need to run and hide , Vista has a long way to go yet thats for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back