copy from cdrw to HD

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

my friend has a problem copying files from cdrw cds to his HD. it's usually movies in .dat and .avi format. and it's not only him, i think other coputers have same problem. when the copying almost done when it says that 5 sec left. it gives some error " not valid 32 ... something" tryed in dvd and cdrw drives, same error. but it reads file from it just fine. i have win xp and burn with nero, he has home edition.

any ideas how to fix it?

Can you try...

Can you try clone cd first just to make sure its not a nero problem,also is the latest firmware being used for drive?,is dma enabled?,and have updated nero?.

the firmware i think is ok. dma settings i'll check( should be on or off?) nero i should update already u are correct. and will check out that clone cd too.

Also can you post the full detail of the error thrown up.
Thanks.
Dma should be on ultra dma...check in case its multi-word dma.

well i cant post the full name of it right now. will try to later today when i go my friend. but it's realy weird. why would it be able to read the files from cd, as watch movies. but cant copy it to HD?

all i can think of at the moment is somekind of copy protection on the discs (may be self made one)try clone as its good at copying problem discs

lol, a copy protection? dont know. i've been wondering though how can i do something like that for cds i'm burning, but with no luck. i dont know, i burn with nero most of the time with regular settings. and it worked fine before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back