• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

copy from cdrw to HD

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

my friend has a problem copying files from cdrw cds to his HD. it's usually movies in .dat and .avi format. and it's not only him, i think other coputers have same problem. when the copying almost done when it says that 5 sec left. it gives some error " not valid 32 ... something" tryed in dvd and cdrw drives, same error. but it reads file from it just fine. i have win xp and burn with nero, he has home edition.

any ideas how to fix it?

Can you try...

Can you try clone cd first just to make sure its not a nero problem,also is the latest firmware being used for drive?,is dma enabled?,and have updated nero?.

M

mafiafromrussia

the firmware i think is ok. dma settings i'll check( should be on or off?) nero i should update already u are correct. and will check out that clone cd too.

Also can you post the full detail of the error thrown up.
Thanks.
Dma should be on ultra dma...check in case its multi-word dma.

M

mafiafromrussia

well i cant post the full name of it right now. will try to later today when i go my friend. but it's realy weird. why would it be able to read the files from cd, as watch movies. but cant copy it to HD?

all i can think of at the moment is somekind of copy protection on the discs (may be self made one)try clone as its good at copying problem discs

M

mafiafromrussia

lol, a copy protection? dont know. i've been wondering though how can i do something like that for cds i'm burning, but with no luck. i dont know, i burn with nero most of the time with regular settings. and it worked fine before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies