cooling...

A

ajsx15

well i have a celeron 1.2 ghz processor and it has been running really hott lately. i havent dont any over clocking or anything. i have 5 fans in the case(cpu fan, p/s fan, 2 80mm fans, 1 60mm fan) and my processor is at 105.9 degrees Farenhite(41 degress C.) and the mainboard is at 91.4 degress Farenhite (33 degress C.) and those are the IDLE temps. when its at full load its about 110 degress F, and this just started, before, i would be at about 94 degress farenhite all the time. i dont know what happened. all my fans are running, and those temps are with the side panel of the case off, when its on, i am at about 108.9 degress Farenhite for the CPU, any one have any ideas??

the heatsink fan may be dying. check that out. it may be spinning @ a lower rpm than normal because its dying or its dirty from dust or something. try rearranging your case fans. before i water cooled, just rearranging them brought me down 20 degrees F

if i got that air in a can and sprayed it on the heatsink to blow out all the dust out of the fan and heatsink would that help, would it be safe too?

yea...

yes, but hold the fan in place without forcing it down doing so will unbalance it and you'll either ..

1) make it worse
2) hear a clanky sound which not only would you hear that it would also make the fan die quicker... :) so becareful hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back