Cooling for XFX 8800 GTX XXX help please

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
It's just hit spring here and the temperature is in it's mid 20's C in my little computer room, according to Everest Ultimate Edition my GPU temperature at idle is 69C / GPU Diode 74C / GPU Memory 69C

So, I need to put some kind of cooling on it and I really need some help with what to get. I already am running Thermaltake Bigwater 745 on my CPU so watercooling is an option.

I have read the Thermalrite HR-03 Plus is good but would like some other options please.

My case is an Armor+ so I have plenty of room to move etc

Any help gratefully appreciated

I'm using the Thermalright HR-03 Plus, and it is a good cooler. Water cooling would work probably work a bit better to keep the temps down. Not to mention i believe a good water cooling block for the 8800GTX would be a fair amount more than the HR-03 Plus.

Honestly, it's up to you. Either way would probably be good.

Right now at idle, according to Everest:

GPU: 44C
GPU Diode: 52C
GPU Memory: 44C
GPU Ambient: 41C

This is with a general room temperature of probably not quite 20C (Temperature here is supposedly around 61F.... my room is probably a few degrees warmer).

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure but I don't think I would have a problem with the watercooling because I am running both the dual and single radiator that came with the Bigwater, but I don't really know about that lol.

I just read all the reviews on the HR-03 and they all seem to like it except for the size. I was just about to buy a pci-e soundcard, but I think I will wait till I work out the VGA cooling :squareeye because of the possible size issues with the cooling

well... the HR-03 can be mounted either with the heatsink hanging down below the card, or wrapping around to the back of the card.... so either way i don't think it'd be a problem. Although, wrapping it around to the back of the card has a bit of a possibility of making it difficult to install a fan with the water cooling tubes that are running to your CPU.

Sounds good, will keep that in mind. Has anyone used the Thermaltake DuOrb VGA Cooler

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back