Cooling Athlon XP

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi!

Iam searching for a cooling system for my athlon XP.

can you recomend me any ?

heres one
:p
final_opensm.jpg

Liquid cooled is nice. If you don't wanna shell out the money for that, at least consider a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ or a Volcano 9 heatsink and fan. And use Arctic Silver III thermal compound. Also, case fans, case fans, case fans. ;)

Liquid Nitrogen

Liquid Helium if the above does not sort it !
:D

Thermaltake SLK-800 with an 80mm delta ontop. it is the best air cooling system for xp's but it will sound like a 747 taking off :p

i use the flower and a shim because it is quiet heavy, but quiet as a mouse with pixy shoes on???

link:rolleyes:

Originally posted by xsivforce
Liquid cooled is nice. If you don't wanna shell out the money for that, at least consider a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ or a Volcano 9 heatsink and fan. And use Arctic Silver III thermal compound. Also, case fans, case fans, case fans. ;)

Must reconsider somethin , case fans are inneficient if are set in wrong places .. the warm air will ussually remain on the top of the case ..

My ideea

CPU = Titan CU-5TB site
Case = Blowers ( Titan )

I have 2 1800+'s and on one I use an Alpha Pal 8045 with a 68cfm Delta, which I did the 7 volt mod on and now is much much quiter and still keeps the cpu under 40c under full load.

And the other one I use a Volcano 7 w/Temperature Control which keeps the cpu under 46c under full load.

Of course both of these cases have 4 case fans each. The volcano 7 is the best value for the price IMHO.

Thermaltake Volcano 7+ and some Artic Silver III and you should not have any problems.

Pic1_small.jpg

Z4 Intercooler works good for keeping everything cool!

Z4 Copper Intercooler Kit Specs:
Water block

3/8" anodized aluminum fitting
5/16" copper alloy channel
Radiator

Overall size: 5x7"
Total Cooling: 5x5"
3/8" anodized fittings
Reservoir

120V pump
145 x 2 GPH (Gallons Per Hour)
3/8" anodized fitting
Radiator Fan

Fan Dimension: 120x120x25mm
Power Connector: 4 - pin
Bearing System: Ball Bearing
Speed: 3100RPM
Airflow: 90CFM
Noise Level: 44.5dB

water cooling makes me so nervous right now. I would not leave it alone and on.

Hi, got a question ... got a 2100+ and right now just web browsing the cpu temp is 54c and the case temp is 42c .
Now the cpu has an AMD cooling fan on it and the case has a 450 watt PS with 2 fans blowing out and one case fan in rear blowing out and one on top 80mm pulling air in , there is a place for a front mounted fan 80mm I think.
Ok the questions are these temps to HOT
and if they are how tricky is it to replace the cpu cooler with a better one.
Thanks , Mark

Originally posted by Mark-XP
Hi, got a question ... got a 2100+ and right now just web browsing the cpu temp is 54c and the case temp is 42c .
Now the cpu has an AMD cooling fan on it and the case has a 450 watt PS with 2 fans blowing out and one case fan in rear blowing out and one on top 80mm pulling air in , there is a place for a front mounted fan 80mm I think.
Ok the questions are these temps to HOT
and if they are how tricky is it to replace the cpu cooler with a better one.
Thanks , Mark

Not positive on the cpu temp, but you may be getting up there. Someone else might want to step in on this one, but as far as replacing your cpu cooler, it's easy.

Here, this will help you..
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23986.pdf

Thanks ... btw / I played UT for and hour and it got up to 60cpu-47case ..... :eek:
Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back