Coolermaster stacker 830

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
I took a good look at this case today and i really like it. Its huge and seems quite rugged with plenty of room for expansion. Ill be adding water cooling later on ... but for now I ran across some 800rpm 8.5 db fans 120mm but only have 33.5 CFM. My question is ..with this case ... sporting a possible 7 120mm fans ... if i used all 33.5CFM would that be sufficient to cool the case?

asus a8n32sli deluxe
fx55
2 gigs Mushkin Black Line
xfx 8800gtx (will be 2 in a month)

I guess the question is ... in everyones experience computers ... what would be an overkill CFM for a 20% overclocker?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
For 7 quality and thats the key here... QUALITY quiet 120mm fans you will pay enough that you should just bite the bullet and buy a water-cooling system...

I would reccomend you go with a good CPU and GPU coolers ZALMAN comes to mind and then (4x or 5) 120mm fans anymore is TOTAL overkill...

just my $.02.... hope it helps...

yeah agree with mla, i'm only using 2 high quality zalman 120mm fans in my hi end machine one to pull in air the over the exhaust air and using a zalman h&f for my cpu. thats really more than enough to be honest... especially with the new core 2 duos that emit 60% less heat, its not like the p4 days anymore.

oh edit: guess your using an fx55, don't waste your money buy a core 2 duo, a 6400 is cheaper and far faster than the fx55, run cooler etc...

look at this link and see for yourself...

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=433&model2=482&chart=171

also the 6400 is $222.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115004

vs

fx55 well actually they don't seem to sell them anymore, but they about the same price....

either way the 6400 is so much better.... it'll be a crazy mistake to waste your money on an fx, it'll be like buying a dodge when you could buy a bmw for the same price.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back