CoolerMaster Aero 7 HeatSync

yeah, i kind of have the same mentality as you and i was skeptical about the aero 7. but i've seen it mentioned a couple times and always being associated with high-end systems that are overclocked at lot of the times... so it's gotta be at least decent.

on top of that, that particular fan design is used a lot at my work where they need to keep test equipment cool.

it's no diffrent in reality to the x-dream temp wise, thats what my mate had running before his aero 7 arrived.
we stuck the new aero+ on (not the aero) and the temps were the same.

only diffrence is it is doing this at 4500rpm instead of 5000 rpm that the x-dream ran. so if your looking for somthing quiet, then aero 7.

and the aero+ is a slower version of the aero, because the aero kept burning out.

(in other words i have no faith in this design, in heavy industry that design of fan is good, mainly as it resists blocking up)

It's too heavy for PC socket clip attachment and has a miserable moment arm to boot with that top heavy design. If you get it, don't move your case with it attached. I've seen cpu socket tabs sheared off.

It's good point is it doesn't have the dead air area over the die that the flat fans have. On the bright side it has close to the same cooling at 2700 as at 4600 which means running quiet in most applications unless you're into radical overclocking.

Hmmm the reviews for it all seem good i currently have one of the coolermaster heatpipes (with the silent fan) and it just does not cool enough... So was looking at getting the aero

Lighter and good design yes.

Quieter? I doubt it at 5600 rpm. Any fan I've run over 5200 has been noisy and 4500-4800 is my prefered max speed.

Look at the volacno 9. You can run it at a reduced speed setting to keep the noise down.

38 dB is not that loud (the noise the Vantec Aeroflow) also it moves 35.5 CFM of air compared to the Aero 7's 26.9 CFM.

The magnetic tip fan is quieter than a traditional fan.

Originally posted by LeeJend
It's too heavy for PC socket clip attachment and has a miserable moment arm to boot with that top heavy design. If you get it, don't move your case with it attached. I've seen cpu socket tabs sheared off.

Woah! Serious? :eek:

Originally posted by Goatman
The Vantec Aeroflow is a better design in my own opinion

http://www.ocwarehouse.com/reviews/aero.htm

it's lighter, and shorter.

It's also uses a design that gets rid of the dead spot in the middle as well... it's probably quieter too.

Actually, I was considering the Vantec Aeroflow too, but this one looks... original! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back