Cooler

dragonbeat

old timer
im thinking of buying a 4200 x2 cpu but the only thing its oem only .i was wondering if a box standard amd fan /cooler that i use on my 3700 would be okay or not :nervous:

Both Toledo cores?

Probably not a good idea. They both run at the same clock speed with the same total cache so power dissipation will be higher in the dual core, but not twice as high.

If the 3700 is a claw hammer then it might be ok. The older, larger geometry clawhammer chips used more power.

I'd look for a cheaper aftermarket HSF instead of risking it. You should be able to find one for under $20.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186123

Last edited:
It should probably work.

My 4400+ ran cooler than my old 3400+.

I would probably consider investing in an aftermarket cooling solution if you find the temps are on the high side.

I haven't had a single issue thus far with my proc, but I am using a zalman cooler :) Its just quieter.

Second vote for the Zalman 9500 here :)

*waits for madmatt to chime in about*

Wouldnt the 3700 cooler work, since they are same socket therefore same shape?
It would just run hot right?

Actually, I hate to spoil the fun. I am now voting for the ZALMAN 9700. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back