Cool windows statbar!

AndyP

OSNN Senior Addict
Try this cool app. if you like to know the stats on your computer. It's called Statbar and is freeware!
It's kinda like coolinfo, but use a statusbar in you window. you can customize this to almost whatever you want.
Thanks to Insignificant for this..
Download here:
http://www.statbar.nl/

A picture of it here:

I downloaded it (5 minutes with 56k), installed it. All in all a nice program for what it does. It is very limited right now (but it is freeware). Does have alot of potential though if they would add shtuff like cpu/mb temp, page file, and Lan connection stats. Hopefully those come in the near future and this will be the ultimate quick visual stat checker.

Try it and you agree with me, ensure to let the company know our thoughts. You cant have a good program without good user feedback.

Thanks andyp!

this program looks sweet :)

I like it. Thanks andyp!!

I really like this app too! Looks nice, doesn't use a lot of resources and gives me the most of the specs I want....
I have to remember saying thanx to Insignificant!:)

WOW cool thx i downloaed this better that cooinfo NIce

hey this truely rules

can anyone get it to read the name on the drives u have instead of the blank screen

Hi, Does anyone know if you can just make StatBar run in the background, instead of an application.

Everytime I Ctrl+Alt+Del, StatBar is an application...

Thanks. Not essential, but just a personal preference...

after playing with this program alittle after work, I really like it. I like the fact that it has the autohide feature but more importantly the autohide that you have to click so you dont have any annoying popups with it when you do not want it.

the hard drive feature is nice, but i do wish you could open up the drives when clicked on, this would be a nice feature.

I have several recommendations for the programmers that would make this a very very nice tool. All in all, great program, nice user interface, and easy to use. Thumbs UP!

one question though... what is the RC5/OGR counter? Its looking for some sort of txt/log file.

If you posted this Monday you might've saved everybody a lot of trouble...

:D...

One thing I dislike...

Is that it shows up as the primary window ina the ALT-TAB screen, and really throws me off... I am always multitasking at home & work, and now my ALT+TAB rhythm is thrown off... I had a COOLMON onscreen program, but I like this better with the exception of this minor inconvenience.

Any idea of getting this to run in the background as mentioned above? I do know that COOLMON (I think thats the name) ran in the background and didn't show up in the ALT-TAB screen....

Thanks for any help!!!

looked at there website.. here is some of the future plans for this software:

• A download/upload (network traffic) meter
• A pagefile usage meter
• Support for Winamp 3
• A date/time module
• The ability to hide the time synchronization module entirely, while keeping it active anyway
• The ability to make the main window floating instead of docked
• A "jump to file" button for the Winamp module
• A POP3 e-mail checker
• The ability to select the CD drive that will be controlled by the CD door eject/close buttons
• The ability to select the instance of Winamp to control when multiple Winamps are opened
• Multi-monitor support
• Multi-processor support for the CPU usage meter
• The ability to exclude a process from the CPU usage meter
• A display resolution module
• A CD player
• Logging possibilities for the CPU and memory modules
• A quicklaunch module
• The ability to double the height of the main window so that more modules can be displayed simultaneously
• Less bold text labels
• Transparency (will only work on Win2K/XP)
• Scrollwheel support for Win95 (currently only works on Win98/NT4 and above)
• A "lock volume" option
• Add total free space count to the disk information panel
• Client/server support (the ability to view the StatBar data of another computer)
• Skinning support
• Support for mapped network drives in the disk information module.

Very nice program. I like the level of customization! I can't wait for updates!

I noticed that

not all windows recognze the statbar as a taskbar, so the windows overlap... no biggie tho...

Anyone have an idea how to get it to run in the background yet?

THX

One of the most useful little utilities i've seen for many moons, bloody fine job.

I agree with miseryq tho' in wishing it had appeared a little earlier !!

I've e-mailed the programmer asking a couple of the questions above, and also requesting the coding, hoping that something even better can be produced.

Great Progaram

Worth installing for the CD Tray Open and close option alone !

A "open file" button for winamp buttons would be nice too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back