Cool Master 4

P

PseudoKiller

Recently I have purchased a Cool Master 4 I have it working fine but it comes with temperature sensors. Now I have never worked with those before and one thing I am curious about is how does one attach the sensors to the various components. There is nothing included and the manual mentions tape. Is there any kind of special tape to use or can I use regular celophane tape??

just make sure whatever you attach it with is not interfering with the other products...

I would probably advise plugging it in a manner that does not involve the use of celophane unless it is the top of the hard-drive or something... :)

the sensor basically gets a raw read of the temp to display and/or trigger fans (depending on how you have setup the product)

congrats on the purchase btw and stick some pics out

Yeah, got one of these installed myself.
I stick the sensor close enough to where I want it to be but don't actually have it taped down. Kept it well away from cooling compounds, but have managed to get it wedged in with the heatsync on both my cpu and gpu. Hard drive sits on top of it in the cool drive itself and the case sensor just dangles somewhere out of sight.

Just out of curiosity, could you use a *very* small amount of silicone adhesive to attach the sensors to whatever surface you want them on?

Currently I am doing the 'get it as close as I can' route. I am just curious how accurate the readings are. Seems to work fine for now. The only sensor I have attached w/ tape is the one for the case.
I was going to make a whole turtorial on how to installed and upgrade a system but this whole deal became a beast. So I just put it all together and at this time I am still tweaking it. The Cool Master was a small part of a full system upgrade.
I might pull the CM and redo all the wires to make it neater but only if I have time... I am still reinstalling the OS and that never goes smoothly. :D

dreamliner77 said:
Just out of curiosity, could you use a *very* small amount of silicone adhesive to attach the sensors to whatever surface you want them on?
I dont have any silicone adhesive ATM but I dont want anything permenantly attached to the system. For right now I will just jam the sensor in whatever crevasse I can find... on the on the computer that is :rolleyes:

I have hidden most of the wires behind the motherboard!

I have a Lian Li case with a removable mobo tray so I dont want to put anything behind the mobo...
New mobo also has a cpu fan and temp montor built in. So I have to by pass that and use the one for the CM. Slowest peice of equipment is the ati 9000 and I cant figure out how to attach the probe to that let alone how to hook up the fan controller to it also. Might have to go out and buy a new card. :p

Yeah, my GPU and DVDRW are the oldest bits in my case :)

yeah silicon is good, it dries hard + can be peeled off, but sticks well :cool:

Henyman said:
yeah silicon is good, it dries hard + can be peeled off, but sticks well :cool:
hmmm interesting... I did not know that. I dont want to know how you knew that but I need to find out where I can get some of it... :D

Hardware store, automotive store, pet store (used to seal aquariums), maybe some craft stores, pamela anderson's breasts.

PseudoKiller said:
hmmm interesting... I did not know that. I dont want to know how you knew that but I need to find out where I can get some of it... :D

it's like superglue, it will fix anything to anything :D you can buy it all over the place :D

7d415949db88cf2162fa0f53c12c27bf.jpg

New hotness :eek:
Can monitor HDD info such as space etc.
Going back to minimalistic with hue of blue tho now I have pretty much eliminated every cable in my case.

Need some of the "snakeskin" stuff to finish the job!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back