convert pc audio to stereo?

P

Powerchordpunk

I have already figured out how to convert my vid card's svideo output to standard coaxial for my crappy tv. the a/v converter i am buying ($30 from RadioShack) also has those red and white (left-right) stereo audio jacks. What do I need to buy to convert my pc audio output to the separate stereo jacks? thx.

actually, is there a better way to do this as far as video goes? is there something to convert S-Video to the (yellow) tv jack? I wouldn't want to have to disconnect the cable from the back of the tv every time I want to use the converter specified in my first post. thx again.

your video card should have came with an s-video to composite (yellow) adapter.

your tv has composite video input?

secondly, what? it has the yellow video input jack next to the red and white audio ones, and then the cable you plug in to the back for cable tv and dvd video, etc. i don't know the terms.

the yellow video jack is called composite video. if your tv has that, i can send you my s-video/composite adapter and your comp would plug directly up to your tv. otherwise, if you go through your coaxial connection with that converter up there, the quality will be really bad and only barely acceptable for movies.

i'm assuming your tv doesn't have an s-video input, right?

yeah, tv has no s-vid. what kind of adapter do you have, and why don't i see them anywhere? is it just an in-line cable, or what? my vid card is a PNY geforce MX-440 se w/ 64MB (enough to play gta:vice city).

there's a guy on ebay selling a S-Video - Composite Converter for pretty cheap. the thing looks cheap, and I'm guessing i'd have to buy a male/male s-video cable and a male/male composite cable. what do you think?

My SVHS to composite adapter is just a cable. But that is probably specific to my card. I've seen several different connector layouts for it.

So what you have cablewise, I take it, is a SCART to composite/phono converter? Big SCART in one end. Three RCA connectors in the other end?

punk, does your card have these ports on it?:
14-130-155-01.JPG

well that black round one is the s-video, of course... and you should just need a straight-through cable adapter. much like you see come with many video cards (but probably not yours, i guess).

here's it is in one bundle:
14-123-121-02.JPG

it's the small, short black cable on the top center. there's nothing special about it. it's a straight-through jobber so should be cheap if you can find one sold seperately. otherwise, pay for shipping (might be free) and i'll send you mine.. i'll never use it.

ok. how much for shipping. I'm guessing I'll only have to buy a male/male composite cable?

shipping shouldn't be more than a buck or three. i'll try to find out. actually, you can pm me with the address you want it at and i'll send it next time i can.

adapter_cable.txt

A little warning here. The SVHS-lookalike connector on that adapter may not fit in all cards. I've seen several different pin layouts in such connectors. For instance, I must have my adaptor connected (splits into SHVS + composite) since a normal SVHS won't fit into the card connector. So make sure it will fit first!

Your cable seems to have the standard SVHS pinout though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back